- Strelka Institute
- Strelka Press
We welcome postgraduate students and young professionals from anywhere in the world, aged between 25-35 years old. We promote diversity, but have a strong interest in students with architecture, urbanism, and design backgrounds. We fast-track applicants with work experience (>3 years) and we are particularly interested in students who demonstrate great initiative through extracurricular activities. Finally, fluency in English is mandatory. For further details on the programme, please consult our Programme 2013/14 page.
Enrolment begins on March 1 and continues until July 26, 2014.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A completed application form
2. A portfolio containing examples of your projects or research work (in total not exceeding 10 pages in pdf)
3. A certificate confirming English proficiency unless you are a native speaker (IELTS Academic — 6.5, TOEFL — 85). Those lacking a certificate are welcome to take a proficiency test at the Integrated Training Centre, Strelka Institute’s partner. You should get in touch with the exam’s coordinator Evgenia Golovacheva at email@example.com or +7926 5572086 for in person or remote exam
4. A copy of your university diploma
5. A letter of recommendation from a former employer or internship coordinator
Please refer to the application form for detailed description of the applications materials.
Candidates should complete the application form and submit all relevant materials by July 26, 2014 (deadline is midnight of July 26 to 27th , Moscow time). The Strelka Admissions Board will review your portfolio and let you know by August 1 if your application has been shortlisted. Along with that confirmation you will receive an invitation to a two-day Admission Event, taking place at Strelka on 26-27 August . During this event, applicants will get to meet each other and Strelka’s education team, find out more about the Institute and the program, and participate in group discussions about urban development. Foreign applicants are encouraged to participate, though it is not mandatory. Instead, they will be interviewed over Skype.
Following the Admission Event, the Strelka Admissions Board will send out final notices of admission to all selected candidates by August 30.
To take a peek at the education process at Strelka, go to the page of one of our projects – Strelka Talks.
Find more about Strelka studies on our Facebook page.
Each year Strelka hosts a series of special Research Simulators to give all interested applicants an idea of what studying at Strelka implies. During these Simulators and under the guidance of invited curators participants take part in 2-day events that are be a fun way to try oneself at creative research and experience Strelka. These workshops are held in English. More information about Research Simulators will be available in the Summer at Strelka Programme schedule. See below the video of Research Simulator I: Zaryadye. Mapping the Void.
◄ Never Delete This Line! Position the cursor before the arrow to insert a block.